Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hearts and Houses for Sale: Bon Ton

Hello, Selene Here. Listen to the latest here or read about it yourself, below:



At least 25% of housing sales in San Pedro are short-sales these days. It's so sad for the sellers. Good for the buyer and the banks. But, really sad for the sellers. At least the house on the hill sold for the asking price. It will be home for the Broom family thanks to Captain Katz and of course, the previous owner who definitely has a trick or treat mentality.
"I am going to refer to him as 'the previous owner' from now on," I told my sister. "I don't like him, well, I do like him, but I don't trust him."
"Some men aren't trustworthy," she said. "But look at President Obama. He's so hot, and, he's obviously reliable and he must have been honest, so far." She paused for a moment before continuing. "I think he's trustworthy."
"He's smart," I said. "And he's amazingly well dressed. He knows how to wear a suit."
"Michelle is a really good mother," my sister said. "I know everybody says the girls are darling, but that's because they have such a good mother and father."
"That doesn't mean he will be a really good president," I said. Although, like everybody else, I hope so.
"Do you think he's ever had an affair?" my sister asked. "He' so ambitious and I'd have an affair with him."
"If he has, we'll find out," I said. "Poor Michelle when that happens. I guess she can, well, I guess she'd ask Hilary for advice."
"I wouldn't want to live in the White House," my sister said. "If you stood at one end of the place and shouted you still couldn't be heard at the other end, so someone could, hypothetically, be hiding and up to no good."
"I wouldn't want to sell the White House," I said. "Only someone in a very bon ton crowd could afford it if it was a regular house."
"Imagine what it would be worth," my sister said. "I wonder what it would sell for nowadays. That's one big house to heat and furnish, but it's really old and in great condition. Keeping up the grounds alone must cost a fortune."
"It would probably be a short-sale with an attorney attached. Pity the poor real estate agent," I said laughing at the irony of such a sale. "She'd earn every penny on that one."
"I hope the Obama's are happy there," she said.
"I'm meeting with an attorney whose on the other end of the divorce shack sale," I said, changing the subject.
"Maybe he's really cute, and, single," my sister said. "Hey. What happened to Mohammad? Did he call?"
She's older than I am. She looks out for me. I'm not going to answer. I don't want to disappoint her or get myself depressed.
And that's the truth. To some extent.
to be continued

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such great dialog between these two. Fast and funny and almost painfully realistic.