Friday, January 2, 2009

Hearts and Houses for Sale: Static Electricity

Super real estate agent, Selene, takes another look at the tall, dark and handsome stranger standing in the entry way on what was a boring Sunday afternoon. He doesn't look the San Pedro type, but it's just fine if he buys this house. The six per cent fee can come out of any one's account. She straightens her shoulders, lifts her chin, and takes two high-heeled strides toward him extending a freckled slim hand.

"Hello. I'm Selene..." she says.

He interrupts with a slightly crooked smile. "I know who you are. I'm Henry Powell," he says as he slides his hand into hers. "I live four houses down the street."

"Oh!" Selene giggles, her fingers leaping from his grasp. "Static electricity." She starts to laugh, realizes he has dark brown, double-lashed bedroom eyes, and glances aside to gather herself into the professional business woman she is. "I'm so sorry. It must be the carpeting." 

"I hope not," he counters. "I've been looking forward to meeting you. My sister and her husband bought their home from you. Miriam and Joav Stein."

"Ah, yes," she says, her mind racing to remember them. Nothing. "Let me give you the tour. Oh, have you been here before? Perhaps you know it better than I do."

"No," he replies. "The owners were very private."

 "I see," Selene says. A smile quivers across her face as she struggles to refrain from showing any emotion. Without missing a beat, Selene moves slightly in front of him, turning her best side directly in his sight line. "The view is beautiful from here," she says gesturing toward the large bay window before them that stretches across the front of the room.

"Yes. It is beautiful from my house as well," he replies tilting his head slightly away from her, then slipping one hand into his jeans pocket. "But, stunning from here."

"Hum." Selene feels a flush from her toes to her nose. "I'm so glad you think so."

And that's the truth. To some extent. 

Read opening episode, December 14, 2008 -- Story to be continued...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A serial! You know I love those. This was perfect.

Judy said...

Oh you got me - waiting for the next installment.

Judy
Local Food Connections