Friday, February 27, 2009

Hearts and Houses for Sale: Hear me Roar

Hello, Selene here. Let ME tell you the latest - or read it yourself, below.




Right there late in the afternoon in the back of the Thai restaurant on Gaffey Street in San Pedro, I roared like a lion at what I had just heard.

"You're what? A married man? One who has strung me along for weeks with gifts, dinners, and romance, not to mention, a very suggestive and seemingly innocent introduction at a house that was my only listing at the time AND one that I had a seller on the way who was a sure thing until I got so caught up with your advances that the sale almost never happened because I got hurt by twins who I would have seen coming and moved out of the way, then listened intently to their cutie-pie grandfather and devoted, not to mention, ready to-purchase mother WHO never even had the chance TO even bring her agent in the house with an offer, that I am sure they already had in place--no matter whether it would have been accepted or not by the owner, who happened to be standing in the room, and had he not been incredibly intentionally secretive on so many levels, that he could have said, "oh, I like you, of course I'll sell the house to you since my goal here is to see children in the treehouse and the yard to overcome my guilt at doing something I should not have--which may have had to do with a murder committed here some years ago--and in my heart of hearts, if indeed I have such a thing, I want my dearly departed mother to be able to look down from heaven and see these lovely little darlings playing and loving her home of so many years where she lovingly cared for her children, me included, and, NOW, you want to come clean and what, apologize for your reprehensible behavior and I'm supposed to do what, say, "Oh, Hopi, that's just fine...I don't mind at all that you have a current wife in addition to your former wives and children, and isn't it sweet that you have a wonderful big dog that the family must love and I have a 'snake' of a bracelet which should have told me all I needed to know as soon as I received it.

Well. My suggestion to you is either drive off the next cliff you see, or more kindly and since I don't really mean that, just disappear into the hordes of other susceptible women in this big city where it is enormously difficult to meet nice men, since the despicable ones who have crawled out from under a rock are making themselves fairly irresistible and wasting precious time so that the good men of this city, world, don't get the opportunities they need to get to know these single and deserving women.

Pause. Breath.

I have a date tonight with a lovely man who is taking me to a concert and, frankly, I was about to tell you that we had no future, so I will end this conversation with words and thoughts you no doubt will not understand: Lokha samasta sukkhino bhavantu.

With that I got up and left the restaurant.

And that's the truth. To some extent.

to be continued

1 comment:

Carma Dutra said...

Way to go Selene. Now let's hope she doesn't have any remorse after she cools down. How strong is her resolve?

Carma