Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hearts and Houses for Sale: Love In a Bone China Tea Cup

Hello! Selene here. Click to listen to ME tell you what's been happening lately, or read about it yourself, below:



It's been raining for days, off and on in San Pedro. It's been cold, relative to our usual sunny 75 degree days...60 degrees is winter cold here. And, I'm tired, achy, hot and cold, and well not up to par. I've put my life on hold for now.

My new listing will be ready to show in another week or so. The staging will begin soon. I like that part. Rain or no rain, that will be a fun day. The Brooms haven't dropped out of escrow, things just are at a stand still. Wait and see. And, I watched a terrific old movie last night called "The Bigamist".

It's about this man who is unhappily married so he falls in love with another woman, who gets pregnant of course, but by then his wife, has had a change of heart and she wants to start over and adopt a child. He goes along with her because he doesn't want to break her heart and disappoint her. That's how he gets caught, the adoption background check.

He does the right thing...well....it was, not like what a man would do today, and marries the pregnant woman. That's why it is called The Bigamist. He had planned to divorce his wife but every time he was ready to tell her, something happened and he couldn't.

When he's discovered he's in despair. He actually loves both women. I felt so bad for him. And the end of the movie is his trial. I paused the movie right before the end and made myself hot cocoa which I drank from my mother's bone china tea cup.

The movie takes place in the early 1950's, which is probably when my mother got the bone china set, as a wedding gift. It made me feel good all over, drinking hot cocoa and knowing my mother was looking down on me and wanting me to feel better.

I wish she was still alive and I could go stay overnight with her. We could have watched the movie together and she would have made the cocoa. I would have made popcorn.

Tomorrow I will shower, dress, and go to the office...back to my real life. I really miss my mother.

Hum, Hopi hasn't called. I wonder why.

And that's the truth. To some extent.

to be continued


No comments: